Tuesday, May 11, 2010




Greetings and welcome to the Splintered Light Miniatures blog. I am excited to try this out and am hoping it will spur me to be more consistent in my communications of SLM news, ideas, and plans. I am awaiting some sculpts from Bob Olley and will post pictures as soon as they arrive. I thought I would begin with some scenario ideas. The first round features the Druid's Children, in honor of the figures on the way from Bob.

Over the last few years of attending shows, I have built up an exciting collection of cool terrain. I love seeing a great looking table and have enjoyed getting a variety of terrain. Much of what I have from recent shows is Battlefield Terrain Concepts product. They do fantastic work and I cannot recommend them highly enough.

At Cold Wars, I picked up a huge hill with some neat rock formations at the top. It seemed perfect for a hillside stand scenario and so the first set of pictures is from a scenario I am working on where a badger lord and some mole miners, who are exploring some new mine locations, get surrounded and attacked by a group of Rebels.


The first picture shows the top of the hill and the basic layout. The rock formation has three entrances to defend, though the defenders will obviously need to worry about the enemy climbing over the rocks.


The next picture shows the badger lord defending against a pine marten, a weasel, and 2 foxes.


Finally, we have a mole defender standing against a ferret, a fox, and a rat.

I still need to work out the forces for each side and playtest but it should be a fun scenario. I will be using Song of Blades and Heroes by Ganesha Games and the stats for the figures will come from the Song of the Splintered Lands expansion.

More later and thanks for looking!

David

4 comments:

doc mcb said...

I like this sort of fight because the defenders are on interior lines, and if the attackers spread out to come at them from multiple entry points, they risk the defenders making a sortie and overwhelming part of their force -- "defeat in detail."

Anonymous said...

Great to see this blog up and running mate.
Looking forward to the new scenarios and releases.
Cheers,
Ben.

Eli Arndt said...

Excellent work there. Could we maybe get pics that can be viewed larger?

Splintered Light Minis said...

Thanks, all. Eli, I am working on trying to get larger pictures for the next round of posts. Fingers crossed that it will work.